Thursday 29 May 2014

Sometimes I'm Overemotional

Hello, Friends!
Just before going away on my new art journey, I'd like to show you my new double canvas.
I created this piece during my Overemotional classes. We take two canvases and put them together to make a perfect whole. A story about emotions, moods and colors.


I had this idea one day when I felt like creating a larger scale collage and I didn't have a big enough canvas at hand. What I did (and what we also do during this class) was that I took some masking tape and wrapped it around the edges of two canvases to put them together. After I finished, I simply cut them back in half and had a perfect diptych. :)
Let me also add that masking tape makes for a perfect background start in this case.


This class makes it possible to express our feelings via rich textures and all kinds of delicious details.
We get our hands dirty with gesso (and I mean A LOT of it!), heavy gel medium, some stamping to add depth, and of course colors reflecting your personality and moods.


We either play with my beloved Primary Elements Artist Pigments - like:


- or you could spray your heart away with a wonderful new hit from Prima - Color Bloom Sprays:


If you're curious, here are some of the other supplies that I used:


I can't tell you enough how magical these classes are - for me as a teacher, too...
I think it's amazing that we can express all kinds of emotions with a little bit of paint and some lace flowers. ;)

Lots of hugs and wishing you a wonderful creative weekend!


27 comments:

Walkiria Celada. said...


!!!!!Amazing!!!!!
xxxxxx

corinne de france MARCH said...

magnifique

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Fabolous!! So gorgeous background! And a great idea with masking tape to put the canvases together!
hugs

Margiù said...

I love your creations!!

Carol and co said...

Beautiful and so inspiring as always! !!
Well done
Xoxo
Carol and co

Jennifer said...

So pretty!!

Maura said...

Awesome! Love the flow from one to the other

Helen said...

that looks fabulous, would love to take this class somewhere!

Unknown said...

so beautiful!

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Fabulous!!!

Оксана said...

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Just stunning! And I am doing this class tomorrow !!!!!!!

Karin said...

awesome!

Marianne H said...

Looooovvvveeee it!!!

Martina said...

Exquisitely crafted ! So beautiful.

Gigi said...

I love every bit of it. Great job.

agnés said...

Comme à chaque fois, splendide.

Agnieszka Korman said...

Niesamowity projekt!

lara said...

can not wait to see you again and try this in person next month!!!!!!

Neet said...

and I can vouch for how beautiful this canvas is as I have taken this class. Thank you for a lovely class.
xx

Allie Marie said...

Finn just love this, I just think we do just get soooo emotional, with our creativity/ things around/happening to us and it's so cool to get it out onto or into our work, whatever emotion we feel, this is just inspiring love the creative use of 2 canvases ingenious!! such eye candy

Annette said...

Girl your work os so inspirational and thanks for being such a great teacher and sharing your soul with us. xoxo

Lady E said...

Piękna praca te kolory takie głębokie! Cudowne :)

corinne de france MARCH said...

oh vraiment vraiment magnifique ! j'aimerai tant faire cet atelier <3

lehtipollo said...

I loved your class in Finland and here is my result! http://lehtipollo.blogspot.fi/2014/09/matka-luovuuteen-leimailutaivas-ja.html

Nenette Madero said...

Do you have online classes? Would love to learn from you!!! Beautiful work☺

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I came upon this on Pinterest and then found your blog. This is really beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...