Friday 28 November 2014

Winter Is Coming

Hello, Friends!
It's high time to feel (and celebrate) the winter chill! :)
Monika did it so beautifully today... We hope to see your wintery art, too!



Hello,
right now I'm staying in Poland where days are becoming colder and colder and we've also had our first fluffy snow. We have to face the facts - Winter is coming.
What I love the most about this season is its severity and its glow. I love cold quiet evenings walking my dog and feeling the frost on my cheeks.
This is the vibe I wanted to recreate in my new art journal entry.


I'd like to show you my step-by-step tutorial so maybe you'll feel inspired to create your own wintery pages. Let's get to work, shall we? :)


1. First, I chose white paper from Vintage Vanity collection. I worked on the whole A4 page that fits perfectly in Finnabair's journal. I cut my page in half later on.
I added four die cut doilies from Prima and glued them using Soft Matte Gel.

2. I covered everything with a thin layer of watered down Gesso.

3. & 4. When Gesso dried, I used a starry stencil and Modeling Paste to create some texture.


5. & 6. I dried everything with my heating tool and cut some more pieces of white paper. I arranged them on my page to add some more texture.
7. I added different kinds of lace, gauze and buttons in different sizes.
8. Then came wonderful delicate and Crystal Glass Beads that I glued with 3D Matte Gel.


9. & 10. When everything dried properly, I covered the whole page twice with white Gesso to create a good background surface for all the Glimmer Mists and Ecoline watercolors.

11. Finally, I added a tiny wreath that I made out of small branches, I covered it with Gesso, added some star brads, some gauze and placed a little resin birdie in the middle.

12. The final step was adding handwritten words. Then, I cut my paper in half and glued it in my journal.



I hope you like my work and that my simple little tutorial will inspire you to create something special.
Sending you warm hugs!
Monika


Materials used:


A little reminder: we organized a special friendly feature for us all to have a chance to chat. :)

http://tworzysko.blogspot.com/2014/11/art-recipe-wednesday-best-team-and-q.html

You can read all about it in this post and that's where we are waiting for any of the questions you'd like to ask the Creative Team. Hope to see you there! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...