Friday 15 May 2015

Fragments by Gayle

Happy Friday everyone,
Today we have another unique project for you, Gayle is proving that you can truly find the inspiration EVERYWHERE !

http://blissandgesso.blogspot.ie/

Hello wonderful Finnabair friends.
For my project this month I’ve combined my love for ‘faces’, ‘repeat pattern’ ( in this case the Hexagon ) and the look of ‘Mica Powder’ on metal.
I’m sure I am not alone when, at times, I feel like my life is just too busy, too demanding of my time, my emotions and my energy……my fault entirely….but sometimes I really worry that I have “not got it all together”…..I feel FRAGMENTED . Too many ideas, too many decisions, too many rights, too many wrongs and never enough time for any of it.
I guess we all strive for balance and calm in our lives……….but then, maybe that would just be boring.



Most of the metal pieces I have used are symbolic for me….e.g. the key next to the mouth…….I know I’m too outspoken, and sometimes I wish I could just lock my lips shut !

Briefly,  here are the different processes used to create this page.


No.1   Raw chipboard, coloured with Distress Stain in Tea Dye, Peacock Feathers and Tarnished Brass.
No.2  Just sprayed or dabbed the stain onto my craft mat and pressed the chipboard into it.
No.3  Embossed the chipboard. I really like the rich, molten effect of this embossing enamel.
No.4  My page elements…
No.5  The base for this page is a piece of 12x12 chipboard.
No.6  Nothing is stuck down yet, I’m just playing with placement but as you can see all the metal has been primed with white Gesso so that the Mica Powder will stick. 
No.7   Using Copper and Teal Mica Powder mixed with a little water I painted all the metal. Dried it, sprayed it with a light fixative and then rubbed on some Inka Gold.
No.8   Adding some water colour paint to the background around my shapes. 
Then lastly I will attach all the metal.
This is a more “controlled” process than what I would normally do.
Normally I would have every thing stuck down on my page , gesso it then mist or paint it. Because I had several , separate small shapes that I wanted to keep clean, I did it this way.


Details……white crackle paste, white gesso through doily stencil and embossing enamel.




















Materials used:



Wishing you a wonderful weekend

44 comments:

Unknown said...

simply amazing

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

This is amazing and so beautiful...love looking at all the bits and pieces! Great job!

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

Wow that is totally stunning!! I cant stop looking at it - each time I do I see more and more!! wonderful thank you xxxx

Gryczová Denisa said...

Breathtaking masterpiece!

Valia Katzaki said...

This piece is magnificent! It spoke directly to my heart - often I feel the same way. No one could have expressed it better than Gayle! Thank you!

A Pink said...

Absolutely stunning ! Gayle Love the story behind this piece n how you have created that feeling of fragmentation that I'm sure we can all relate to . Gorgeous colour combo .
Being a lover of 'faces too ( especially eyes probably because they are so emotive )I LOVE how you have off set the facial features in this piece - each one attracting your attention individually but also coming together as a whole too ! Such an incredible work of art .

Words and Pictures said...

What an outrageously brilliant creation - fabulous!
Alison x

Unknown said...

This is sooooo gorgeous, simply adore the colours, the whole project works so well

smokeysmom said...

OMG! This is an amazing piece!! I can't stop staring at it! I love the female images through the honeycomb and all of the embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing your art...it's just incredible.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is an amazing piece of art! I am in love with the hexagon shapes and the face pieces spread about.

Unknown said...

so so beautiful !

Kathy Bradley said...

Gayle - what an amazing and gorgeous page. I love the colors, pictures, chipboards, metals - all of it. It's stunning!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

This is totally awesome Gayle. Love love love it!!! Thank you for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Are we no longer able to pin images from your blog on Pinterest?

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic piece, love this and the fragmented idea . Brilliant. Tracy x

Ann said...

WOW! love it!!!

famillemarleau said...

This is a stunning piece. I love how you placed the different parts of the picture. Love every details. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

peggy gatto said...

Thank you for this wonderous collage!

Linda M. Cain said...

OUTRAGEOUS! I love it!!!!!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

BRILLIANT!!! simply BRILLIANT! I don't think I've seen a piece of scrapbook art make me this excited in a long time! TAHNK YOU Gayle, your inspiration is very appreciated XX

Fragmentos ao Sol said...

Gayle, this piece of art is so beautiful!!! I love the colors you've chosen and the fragments combined / united beautifully. I would like to know what kind of light fixative you've used in the metal pieces after applying the mica powders.
Thank you for the recipe. XX, Ilana.

Lee-Anne said...

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself in this amazing work of art, Gayle!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

S@ndy Diller said...

Simply love all of it!!!!!!!
Just my style and the colors are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That's just wonderful!!! Gayle, you did a gorgeous project. Fragments are really cool!!!

Dianne said...

love your creativity

Scrap Recup said...

MGNIFIQUE !

Evelyn Walter said...

Simply gorgeous! I love your artful work, Gayle!!

Neet said...

What an absolutely fantastic creation! Love how this is fragmented and how, each time you look at it, you discover something else to love about it.

sandra de said...

Stunning work.

Sue said...

An amazing project with such beautiful detail and colour.

Wilma Voermans said...

My very new favorite of you!wow, wow and wow :)

Jackie PN said...

Magnificent!!
I truly love this- outstanding creativity and inspiration!! Thanks so much for sharing! xx

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Pure awesomeness!!

Janka said...

Amazing!

Denise said...

Love, love, love it !!

Unknown said...

So lost for words!!! This is just FANTASTIC, WOW !!! I love it.

Ola (Ikemo) said...

Amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Que maravilla!!!...es precioso!!, me encanta todo, los colores, las texturas, el brillo, la composición...genial!!!. Muchas gracias por la inspiración.

Jools Robertson said...

Stunning! ❤️❤️❤️
Beautiful! Exquisite like a piece of Dali Jewellery

Jools x

Unknown said...

Gayle - you have put in in a paradoxical state of mind... I am smiling... but my heart is lurching. WOW. Your creation is amazing and it just touches me deeply. It is soooo true... in reality that is how we all look most of the time... at least most anyone I have ever known. So fragmented until we find our safe harbor - whatever that might be. LOVE LOVE LOVE this and all your "found objects" make it WONDERFUL. You put the perfect items in the perfect places. Thank you for being so open with us - like saying why the key is by your mouth! Hehehehe! Those who truly love you will hear your words as wise or if not - they will blow them off!! THIS IS MUCH MORE THAN FABULOUS. j

Carol McCready said...

Fantastic page. Love all those elements with that gorgeous color.
Thank you for the inspiration.

Jane said...

This is such a stunning piece. .One of the best I have seen. Great art xx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Truly amazing Gayle. Thank you very much for sharing your heart and mind. Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...